Last updated 01/09/2023
· visit our website (https://www.sutch.co.uk) or;
· engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events.
What personal information do we process? When visiting, using, or navigating our website, we may process personal information on your interaction with us, the choices you make, and the products and features you use.
Do we process any sensitive personal information? No, we do not process any sensitive personal information.
Do we receive any information from third parties? No, we do not receive information from third parties.
How do you exercise your rights? You may exercise your rights by submitting a data subject access request, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will then consider your request and act upon it in accordance with the applicable data protection laws.
What information do we collect?
We collect the personal information that you voluntarily provide when you register on our website, or express an interest in our products and services, or otherwise when you contact us.
Personal information collected depends upon your interactions with us and our website, the choices you make, and the features you use. The personal information we collect may include:
· Email addresses
· Phone numbers
· Mailing addresses
· Billing addresses
· Contact preferences
We do not process sensitive information.
We may collect data that is strictly necessary to process your payment for purchases you make, such as your payment instrument number, and the security code associated with it. All payment data is stored by https://www.shopify.com/uk. You can review their privacy notice here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
Why do we process your information?
We process your information, depending on how you interact with our website, in order to:
· facilitate account creation and authentication so you can create, log in, edit and manage your account;
· provide you with the requested products and services;
· support your requests and respond to your enquiries;
· send you details about our products and services or, changes to our terms and policies;
· manage your orders, payments, returns and exchanges made through our website;
· process your information for marketing purposes, where you have opted in to receive marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time.
What legal basis do we rely on when processing your information?
We only ever process your information where absolutely necessary, and always in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The UK GDPR requires that we advise you of the legal basis upon which we process your personal information. We may process your personal information:
· if you have given us permission (consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time;
· when we believe it to be necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, including providing our website, or at your request prior to entering a contract with you;
· when we believe it to be reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. An example of which would be sending users of our website information about our products and services;
· where we believe it to be necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as cooperation with law enforcement or regulatory body, exercising or defending our legal rights, or disclosure of your personal information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved;
· where we believe that your vital interests, or the vital interests of a third party, require protection from situations such as potential threats to safety of any person(s).
When and with whom do we share your personal information?
We may need to share your personal information, an example of which is:
· we may need to share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive to help analyse web traffic. Once you agree that the cookie file can be added to your computer, it allows web applications to respond to you as an individual, tailoring its responses to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and storing information about your preferences.
To assist in analysing web traffic and improving our customers experience when visiting our website, we may store your ISP domain, the date and time of your visit, and which pages you accessed.
Acceptance of cookies from our website in no way enables us access to your computer or any personal information, other than data you may choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or reject cookie requests. Web browsers are generally defaulted to accept cookies. If you prefer not to accept cookies, you can change your browsers settings to remove and to reject cookies. Removal or rejection of cookies could affect the features and services our website can provide to you.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will delete or anonymise your personal information when we have no ongoing legitimate need to process such information.
How do we protect your personal information?
We believe that the security of your personal information is extremely important. As a responsible company, we have appropriate internal policies and procedures designed to secure and protect your personal information. However, despite our best efforts and the deployment of safeguards and technologies, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that cybercriminals, or other unauthorised third parties will not be able to improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your personal information. Whilst we will do all that we can to secure your personal information, transmission of personal information via our website is done so at your own risk. You should ensure that access to our website is within a secure environment.
Do we collect personal information from minors?
We do not knowingly solicit personal information from, or seek to market our products to persons under the age of 18. By using our website, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age, or that your parent or guardian consents to your use of our website. If you become aware of any personal information we may have collected from persons under the age of 18 years, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such personal information from our systems.
What are your privacy rights?
The regions that we operate in being the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom (UK) afford you certain rights under their respective protection laws. These may include the right to:
i. request access to, and obtain a copy of your personal information;
ii. request rectification or erasure;
iii. to restrict the processing of your personal information;
iv. and if applicable, to data portability.
Upon receipt of any such request, we will act upon your request in accordance with the applicable data protection laws.
If you are located within the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your Member State or UK data protection authority.
If you are located in Switzerland, you may contact the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
Please note that such a request will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Opting out of marketing communications:
At anytime you can contact us at email@example.com should you like to review or change your personal information, or to terminate your account.
Following a request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and personal information from our active database. However, we may still retain some personal information files in order to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our legal rights and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar tracking technologies:
Acceptance of cookies from our website in no way enables us access to your computer or any personal information, other than data you may choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or reject cookie requests. Web browsers are generally defaulted to accept cookies. If you prefer not to accept cookies, you can change your browsers settings to remove and to reject cookies. Removal or rejection of cookies could affect the features and services our website can provide to you. If you have any questions, concerns or comments relating to your right to privacy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Controls for do-not-track features
DPO: Alan Wilson
Sutch Lifting Equipment Ltd
18 Millbrook Close
Telephone: +44 1604 751146